Generic SNMPwalk to retrieve multiple values in one run

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

gwisejr

Re: Generic SNMPwalk to retrieve multiple values in one run

Post by gwisejr »

Hello,

I appreciate your posting this example. I'm actually using to learn how to write my own script to pull some outlet data from a remote post unit. I did download the script and the template and it is working for me but I believe that that there should be a xml file "total_snmpwalk.xml" residing in the /resource/script_server/ directory but I am unable to find it. I'm not sure if imported templates reside somewhere else or I'm just plain wrong. If there is a associated data queries xml file, would you please post it? I've scanned thru the template xml file and I believe that I've identified the fields but I am having some difficulty translating it to the standard format.

Thank You.
George Wise
ocolin

Re: Generic SNMPwalk to retrieve multiple values in one run

Post by ocolin »

I am doing something similar however the poller keeps reporting that my script output is empty:

"2021/12/14 12:55:51 - SPINE: Poller[Main Poller] PID[4611] PT[140297769084672] WARNING: Invalid Response, Device[000] HT[1] DS[000 - Stats] Graphs[000 - Temperature] SCRIPT: /usr/bin/php /usr/share/cacti/scripts/exaltData.php '10.249.69.187', output: U"

However, if I use the graphs in realtime mode, it draws the graphs perfectly. But outside of realtime mode it gets no data. So I can't imagine it's the script or permissions or anything like that. If the response was invalid from the script, I would expect realtime mode to have same issue. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: And of course no sooner than I post this, it all just starts working on its own after not working all day.