Intro page/console homepage

Addons for Cacti and discussion about those addons

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

om3n

Re: Intro page/console homepage

Post by om3n »

oh my god... I spent hours assuming green was active. I'm sorry to be a hassle and thank you so much for pointing out this blunder...
BlueDog726

Post by BlueDog726 »

Hello I am new to cacti and intro page and was wondering if there is a way to make a graph that is in the same format as the Devices by Status graph on the default panel.
macan
Cacti Pro User

Post by macan »

It isn't possible now. Cacti graphs are using rrd and other graphs on intropage uses js library.
Let the Cacti grow!
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

The alternate graphing engine is something I've given some thought to in recent days. It's something I wrote already using a not so open source graphing solution in the past, one that had it's own templating API and not Cacti's. The new API should simply turn Cacti's LINE:AREA:STACK into objects to be fed to the charting solution I have in mind. Right now, though Billboard is awesome, I'm leaning more towards ApexCharts, though until I dig in, I won't make that final decision.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
anarkia1976

Post by anarkia1976 »

Hi guys @macan, i need some infos related to new control "not optimized Bulk Walk Size devices".

This is my result:
Immagine 2023-08-23 140417.jpg
Immagine 2023-08-23 140417.jpg (19.27 KiB) Viewed 8479 times
how can i use this information?

i have made some checks but i didn't see problems related to devices with:
xxxxx - (xxxxx) (ID: 12, Bulk walk size: -1)

can you help me? thanks a lot.
thanks a lot
anarkia1976
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

xmacan, maybe we need a tip for each issue. This one is a bit more complicated to resolve. Basically, the Auto-Detect on Reindex turns out to take much more time for a re-index operation. It's better to set to Auto-Detect and Set at First Re-Index as it can greatly reduce the amount of time to perform a Re-Index.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
anarkia1976

Post by anarkia1976 »

TheWitness wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:25 am xmacan, maybe we need a tip for each issue. This one is a bit more complicated to resolve. Basically, the Auto-Detect on Reindex turns out to take much more time for a re-index operation. It's better to set to Auto-Detect and Set at First Re-Index as it can greatly reduce the amount of time to perform a Re-Index.
In my scenario this is the result of re-index output:

Code: Select all

Total: 0.000000, Delta: 0.000000, Auto Bulk Walk Size Selected.
Total: 0.030000, Delta: 0.020000, Tested Bulk Walk Size 1 with a response of 0.0239.
Total: 0.030000, Delta: 0.010000, Tested Bulk Walk Size 5 with a response of 0.0061.
Total: 0.030000, Delta: 0.000000, Tested Bulk Walk Size 10 with a response of 0.0030.
Total: 0.040000, Delta: 0.000000, Tested Bulk Walk Size 15 with a response of 0.0034.
Total: 0.040000, Delta: 0.000000, Bulk Walk Size selected was 10.
it seem to be no problems but the device is still flagged as problematic.

Not optimized Bulk Walk Size devices - 1919
zzzzz - (xxxxx) (ID: 12, Bulk walk size: -1)
thanks a lot
anarkia1976
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

If you run this query, the problems should be resolved:

UPDATE host SET bulk_walk_size=0;
Then it'll lock in at 10 for ever afterwards.

anarkia1976

Post by anarkia1976 »

TheWitness wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:07 am If you run this query, the problems should be resolved:

the witness this field/parameter shouldn't be automatically updated after every re-index?
thanks a lot
anarkia1976
anarkia1976

Post by anarkia1976 »

TheWitness wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:07 am If you run this query, the problems should be resolved:

done, it works.
thanks a lot
anarkia1976
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Once you've detected it once, unless something changes where it's not performing as well, there is no need to do it again. A case where you might want to set it to -1, is to see if it changes over it's life, or you get a firmware update to make it work better at larger bulk walk sizes.

anarkia1976

Post by anarkia1976 »

TheWitness wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:48 am Once you've detected it once, unless something changes where it's not performing as well, there is no need to do it again. A case where you might want to set it to -1, is to see if it changes over it's life, or you get a firmware update to make it work better at larger bulk walk sizes.
thanks, good.
thanks a lot
anarkia1976
macan
Cacti Pro User

Post by macan »

TheWitness wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:25 am xmacan, maybe we need a tip for each issue. This one is a bit more complicated to resolve. Basically, the Auto-Detect on Reindex turns out to take much more time for a re-index operation. It's better to set to Auto-Detect and Set at First Re-Index as it can greatly reduce the amount of time to perform a Re-Index.
Agree, I will add any notice
Let the Cacti grow!
anarkia1976

Post by anarkia1976 »

macan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:11 pm
i have see after modification of the db string "UPDATE host SET bulk_walk_size=0;" an substantial increase in page opening and reading speed, probably when this parameter is set to "-1" slowing down db read.
thanks a lot
anarkia1976
anarkia1976

Post by anarkia1976 »

macan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:11 pm
intropage is a fantastic plugin, thanks a lot for your constant support to develop it. the last check introduced the "bulk size" keep me in the direction for resolve some problems to slow db read. thanks a lot.
thanks a lot
anarkia1976