Nagios Plugin for Cacti (NPC) 2.0.4

General discussion about Plugins for Cacti

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Spektre

Post by Spektre »

When I click on the NPC tab, I only get a blank screen (not even tabs showing).

I have the following error in my apache2/error.log

[Tue Apr 27 11:19:41 2010] [error] [client <clients ip address here>] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Doctrine_Manager_Exception' with message 'Could not parse dsn' in /usr/share/cacti/site/plugins/npc/lib/Doctrine/Manager.php:335\nStack trace:\n#0 /usr/share/cacti/site/plugins/npc/lib/Doctrine/Manager.php(350): Doctrine_Manager->_buildDsnPartsArray('mysql://cacti:s...')\n#1 /usr/share/cacti/site/plugins/npc/lib/Doctrine/Manager.php(214): Doctrine_Manager->parseDsn('mysql://cacti:s...')\n#2 /usr/share/cacti/site/plugins/npc/lib/Doctrine/Manager.php(176): Doctrine_Manager->openConnection('mysql://cacti:s...', NULL)\n#3 /usr/share/cacti/site/plugins/npc/config.php(17): Doctrine_Manager::connection('mysql://cacti:s...')\n#4 /usr/share/cacti/site/plugins/npc/npc.php(23): include('/usr/share/cact...')\n#5 {main}\n thrown in /usr/share/cacti/site/plugins/npc/lib/Doctrine/Manager.php on line 335, referer:<hosts IP address>/cacti/plugins/thold/thold_graph.php

In past posts the problem seems to be related to your password having a special character in it (!@#$%^&*(). Unfortunately my password does not have any of the characters listed (in fact it is a password with only a-z A-Z in it). This also was happening prior to installing the Thold plugin.

Any suggestions on why it would be coming up blank?

Cacti version = 0.8.7e
NPC version = 2.0.4
Nagios version = 3

Thanks in advance!

~Jason
Spektre

Post by Spektre »

Issue was fixed, on version 2.0.4 (AG). Thank you.
bigturk

Cacti running on 2k8 and Nagios on Ubuntu 9.10

Post by bigturk »

Hello Everyone
I know its me who's not understanding how to set this plugin up.
I have Cacti (8.7e) running on a Wind 2K8, and Nagios 3x on another system running Ubuntu 9.10.
I have enabled the NPC pluging and configured the npc settings under settings. Im able to click on "Nagios" option on the left and see the web ui but when on click on host or services i get nothing.
I have PDO for php enabled and verified running phpinfo.
as for NDOUtils not use 100% if this is running. is there a way to verify?
Attachments
npc.jpg
npc.jpg (68.37 KiB) Viewed 24462 times
eegilbert

Icinga

Post by eegilbert »

Has anyone got this to work with Icinga?

I've got the cacti part setup correctly and Icinga is working no problems but the NPC tab is completely blank.

Still looking through the forums though...

E
fuzzbawl

Post by fuzzbawl »

I have had the same CPU issue with NPC 2.0.4, httpd and mysql fight over the cpu, causing 100% cpu usage at times. Disabling NPC resolves it so it must be with NPC. I'm not a PHP guru, so I'm not sure I can debug what is going on with NPC.
vkpolisetty

Post by vkpolisetty »

Jun 8 22:05:17 carus ndo2db-3x: mysql_error: 'Unknown column 'long_output' in 'field list''
Jun 8 22:05:18 carus ndo2db-3x: Error: mysql_query() failed for 'INSERT INTO npc_servicechecks SET instance_id='1', service_object_id='81', check_type='0', current_check_attempt='1', max_check_attempts='3', state='0', state_type='1', start_time=FROM_UNIXTIME(1276014918), start_time_usec='72048', end_time=FROM_UNIXTIME(0), end_time_usec='0', timeout='60', early_timeout='0', execution_time='0.000000', latency='0.071000', return_code='0', output='PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0\.59 ms', long_output='', perfdata='rta=0\.590000ms;100\.000000;500\.000000;0\.000000 pl=0%;20;60;0', command_object_id='122', command_args='100\.0,20%!500\.0,60%', command_line='/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ping -H 10\.52\.100\.106 -w 100\.0,20% -c 500\.0,60% -p 5' ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE instance_id='1', service_object_id='81', check_type='0', current_check_attempt='1', max_check_attempts='3', state='0', state_type='1', start_time=FROM_UNIXTIME(1276014918), start_time_usec='72048', end_time=FROM_UNIXTIME(0), end_time_usec='0', ti

i am not able to see the hosts or services through npc. can someone help me

regards
Vamsi
wjm

uh ohh, domian expired

Post by wjm »

tying to download NPC 2.0.4 at:
http://www.constructaegis.com/downloads ... 0.4.tar.gz

NOTICE: This domain name expired on 06/27/2010 and is pending renewal or deletion
neovox
Cacti User

Post by neovox »

yup... just ran into the same thing. Anyone have the file they can post?
neovox
Cacti User

Post by neovox »

FYI for those still looking. The SVN is still alive.

svn co http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/npc/trunk npc
pshankland
Cacti User

Post by pshankland »

Anyone have the 2.0.4 tar.gz?

Thanks.
shahdi

Post by shahdi »

hello,

i create a npc directory on /usr/share/cacti/site/plugins/ reposiroty on my server and i performe a "svn co ftp://svn2.assembla.com/svn/npc/trunk ."

on the realm of my admin user I checked

Plugin Management
NPC
NPC Global Commands

but i can't see the plugin.

i tried to view it with plugin manager, no way, but i can see other basic plugins like ntop or monitor.

have i missed something?

thanks!
WizRd

Post by WizRd »

Is this plugin dead? The source tree hasn't been updated for a year, the plugin fails with the current version of cacti and I can't seem to find any info on how to contact the developer to give suggestions.

Anything someone can offer would be appreciated as I'm rather ummm desperate to get a few features fixed.
Chrysalis
Cacti User

Re: Nagios Plugin for Cacti (NPC) 2.0.4

Post by Chrysalis »

to be honest I did have the plugin almost working, I got it to display data however that was about it but at that point I realised there was little n ways to configure it for security, eh. if you gave someone access to it they would see ALL hosts it monitors. So I have now left it dorment in a broken state since after I had migrated the server it was broken again.
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

With the economy the way it is, he may have lost his ability to continue to support the project. We have brought a few other plugins under the 'umbrella' of the Cacti Group. However, the licensing for EXT-JS is not compatible with the overall project at this time.

There is another issue, I don't use Nagios :oops: :oops:

TheWitness
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
Chrysalis
Cacti User

Post by Chrysalis »

thanks for your reply thewitness, I see you very active on here helping everyone.