ISP Billing Script - Nth Percentile and Bandwidth (Updated)

Addons for Cacti and discussion about those addons

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

rony
Developer/Forum Admin

ISP Billing Script - Nth Percentile and Bandwidth (Updated)

Post by rony »

I no longer have the time to support and maintain the ISP Billing Script. So, I'm offering it free of licensing and support fees to all that want to use it. If you have questions, ask away, I will try to answer them. For the love all that is good, please make sure you have read the manual! :)

Download Cacti ISP Billing Script:
isp_billing_1.0.13.tar.gz
Cacti ISP Billing 1.0.13
(967.03 KiB) Downloaded 5059 times
Manual Download:
Cacti_ISP_Billing.pdf
Cacti ISP Billing 1.0.13 Manual
(545.89 KiB) Downloaded 6439 times
The Distant Past wrote:Those who are interested. I have written a very good ISP Billing script for Cacti and it does not require the plugin arch. However, there is a marginal licensing fee required to in order for me to provide ongoing support in the future. If that is not a problem for you, then feel free to drop me a email.

Please only email me requests for information concerning the ISP billing script, no personal messages on the forums. Also, I must insist that you email from the institution or company that is interested in using the ISP Billing script. I will not discuss anything over free email service accounts, IE, gmail, yahoo mail, excite mail, hotmail, etc.

Documentation will be posted in this thread.

This originally came up in this thread:
http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=17073
Last edited by rony on Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=117][i][b]Tony Roman[/b][/i][/size]
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Cacti_ISP_Billing.pdf
Cacti ISP Billing Script Documentation version 1.0.13
(545.89 KiB) Downloaded 3874 times
Cacti ISP Billing Change Log

Version 1.0.12

-bug: Fixed issue with invalid number of arguments on rrdtool_function_graph causing the script to fail
-bug: Updated documentation to reflect that Bandwidth Summation graphs are threshold of Bytes not Bits
-bug: Fixed spelling mistakes
-feature: Threshold tracking cache data purging, only 2 billing cycles are retained in the track file

Version 1.0.11

-bug: Fixed post process export file issue with Committed/Overage rate rows not being correctly inserted

Version 1.0.10

-feature: Threshold tracking of Committed/Overage rates to inform customer when the Overage started to be applied to rate
-feature: Threshold notifications to customers when they are over their committed rate
-feature: Added the ability to place a custom footer on billing email messages
-feature: Added command line option to clear threshold tracking cache entries from track file
-bug: Fixed issue with weekly time frame not calculating start date when none is supplied
-bug: Fixed issue with the info command not showing file export information

Version 1.0.9

-feature: When using Minimum charge on a Committed rate with an amount of "0" the display will report a committed fixed rate instead of a zero value
-bug: Fixed issue with rates not applying correctly when defined at the graph level
-bug: Fixed issue with rates being processed in reverse order of what was indicated by info command results
-bug: Fixed issue with multiple rates being able to be defined on a single section, config check will now report an issue in this case
-bug: Fixed issue with XML parser not accepting "0" as a valid value
-bug: Track file now properly sets encoding
-bug: Track file now properly writes xml reserved characters
-bug: Updated documentation for clarification

Version 1.0.8

-bug: Fixed issue with build command generation concerning XML encoding
-bug: Fixed issue with deprecated variable references

Version 1.0.7

-feature: Minimum charge settable for "Regular" rates
-feature: Minimum charge settable for "Committed" rates
-feature: Added new rate "Fixed"
-feature: Added additional fields to export CSV file
-feature: Added post processing script to create XML output
-feature: Documentation updated with CSV file field definitions
-feature: Enhanced -info command line output to include graph item id
-bug: Build command sets encoding correctly in outputted XML file
-bug: Fixed issue with virtual hosting and missing $_SERVER global variables
-bug: Fixed issue with -info command line output
-bug: Fixed issue with -list command detection of Nth Percentile graph variables
-bug: Fixed export CSV header names for consistent presentation

Version 1.0.6

-feature: Added support for CSV file export
-feature: Added support for CSV file export post processing by user defined script
-feature: Example post processing scripts provided in "scripts" directory
-bug: Fixed rounding problem on calculated totals less than 10E-6

Version 1.0.5

-feature: Added support for Cacti 0.8.7
-bug: Fixed issue with configuration parsing routine not correctly informing of error
-bug: Fixed output of info command to properly display Committed and Overage Rate information
-bug: Fixed encoding issues for languages other than English

Version 1.0.4

-feature: Moved to Cacti Mailer class for emailing
-feature: Added ability to specify SMTP server options
-feature: Added tech option for additional tech support
-bug: Fixed issue with mySQL 3.x
-bug: Fixed issue where error during email didn't stop track file update

Version 1.0.3

-bug: Fixed version checking to check sub version correctly.
-bug: Fixed issue where text part of email message was reporting Committed amounts where it should have been reporting Overage amounts.

Version 1.0.2

-feature: Added additional identification information to debug output
-feature: Added the ability to alter currency the rates are calculated in globally and/or per customer
-feature: Added new method for testing configuration
-feature: Added additional debug to billing interval calculation routine
-bug: Fixed issue with interval calculation on monthly billing interval

Version 1.0.1

-feature: Enhancement to email definitions, allowing for text only and removal of csv attachment
-feature: Moved email branding into configuration file.
-bug: Fix potential remote exploit with register_argc_argv enabled in PHP.
-bug: Added caching of graph images so that images are not regenerated if they have already been generated
-bug: Added CHANGELOG to the docs directory
-bug: Added LICENSE to the docs directory

Version 1.0.0

- Creation of Program
Last edited by rony on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.
[size=84][i]Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]There are only 3 way to complete a project: Good, Fast or Cheap, pick two.[/i][/size]
[size=84][i]With age comes wisdom, what you choose to do with it determines whether or not you are wise.[/i][/size]
Wunk

Post by Wunk »

Is the .csv output customizable ?

We create .csv files from an excel sheet with the traffic numbers (which I manually need to input in the sheet) and import that into our billing system.

It would really help if I could cut out the manual entry of the numbers ;)
Jeroen Wunnink
Easyhosting.nl Sysadmin
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Depends on what you consider "customizable". If you edit the script, yes, you can change the output.

I could be motivated to make an enhancement to allow custom field orders in the CSV output.
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Documentation for Cacti ISP Billing Script 1.0.5 posted.
sentono

Post by sentono »

Hi Rony, where can i download this billing script ?
could you please provide me the info how can i get this script
rony wrote:Documentation for Cacti ISP Billing Script 1.0.5 posted.
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Download of the script is not available.

Please read the first post to understand why.
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Documentation for Cacti ISP Billing Script 1.0.7 posted.

Exported CSV now supported and expanded!
harris

Post by harris »

Hello, i'm very interested on this plugin. Already sent an email to rony 2 days ago from my company mail but didnt recieved any answer.
Anyone else that i could contact?

Thanks
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Sorry, I was out of town and non-tech support type questions are left till I got back..

I have responded to all inquires.
gvidals

does the isp billing module work with vmware guests?

Post by gvidals »

I have *not* been successful in locating a billing package that will work with my vmware virtual servers. However, and thanks to this forum, I have discovered that cacti works with VMware's ESX!

Is there a billing package that then integrates with CACTI and runs with ESX virtual dedicated servers at the same time? This would be fantastic.

If I understand the scenario correctly, I could do the following:

1) Build ESX host
2) Build my virtual servers (VMs). Each VM could be on eth0, but on a different virtual nic (vmnet0, vmnet1, vmnet2, etc.)
3) Install CACTI to monitor traffic on my VMs
4) Install a billing module (which one?) to then do the billing at 95-percentile. (I need a module which will process credit card transaction)

Does this sound reasonable. Is anyone already doing this that cares to share their experience. Which billing modules work in this scenario?

Gil Vidals / Nixracks - dedicated linux servers
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Email me and we can discuss your requirements.
doctorjbeam

Post by doctorjbeam »

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm looking to use this in a personal capacity, to graph my monthly internet usage. I've already got Cacti set up to monitor my incoming/outgoing data rates, but I want to turn that into a running tally for the month (ie, monthly internet usage). Will this script do this for me?

Ta
macraig

Post by macraig »

Rony,

I sent you an email last night regarding your script. I have not seen much talk in the forums regarding your script, but I am still curious.

I do not use Cacti, nor any other SNMP polling scripts. I would like to set up a development environment to see if I can poll each port on our switch.

Thanks Rony, and I look forward to your response!

Mike
rony
Developer/Forum Admin

Post by rony »

Updated for Version 1.0.9!