MIB to XML template?

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

ScooBySnaCk

MIB to XML template?

Post by ScooBySnaCk »

I have a few specific MIBs I would like to use in Cacti specifically for Server Technology power distribution towers with temp and humidity probes. How would I go about doing this? I have the MIBs already but I guess I need a workable form to use with cacti. Any help is appreciated.
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 »

Read through the how-to guides and/or look at existing examples that come with Cacti. http://docs.cacti.net/node/73
luftx

Re: MIB to XML template?

Post by luftx »

ScooBySnaCk wrote:I have a few specific MIBs I would like to use in Cacti specifically for Server Technology power distribution towers with temp and humidity probes. How would I go about doing this? I have the MIBs already but I guess I need a workable form to use with cacti. Any help is appreciated.
I was wondering if you would be willing to share your template for this?
shull
Cacti User

Post by shull »

You need to figure out the OIDs within those MIBS. Use those OIDs within Cacti. If there are any OIDs that are indexed, you will have to use XML files.

If you decide that you need to create some XML files, we have just published a tool to help you create them. You have to register (free) to get access to the tool. When you create xml files for Cacti, they are very case-sensitive and the structure is important. The tool that you have access to helps you create it easily. Also, the tool is hosted, so there are no downloads of the tool. Go to the site in my signature to access the site.

Thanks,

Stephen
www.cactiexchange.com -- Hosted Tools for the Cacti Community:
Cacti Perl Tool
Cacti XML Tool
Search OID-to-Names

[url=http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&domains=forums.cacti.net&q=cacti&sitesearch=forums.cacti.net]Cacti Forums Google Index -- Better than the main page version![/url]
juanstroctus

Post by juanstroctus »

Hello

do you still have the tool available?, I know that is an old message but I want to create a few templates using a few mibs that I have, I'm running a cacti server with several devices but unfortunately I installted that one with the apt-get, and therefore couldn't install the plugin architecture...

Thanks

cactiuser--->If you decide that you need to create some XML files, we have just published a tool to help you create them
hma969

Post by hma969 »

hello dear sir/madam
I have this problem too , i have the new device , RX8200-Ericsson and i want to monitor audio status,subtitle status , output sel , service sel and the other so i have the mib file for these service i want to monitor it .
1. is it possible monitoring these services whith cacti or not?
2. i don't know how can i get the OID for these MIB file ?
3. this site www.cactiexchange.com doesn't exist how can you help me shull for making XML files?
please help me , i need the best answer for my problem and if you don't have a good answer please give me a good solution for this or best contact to help me
thank you very much
i m looking forward to hearing from you soon. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
tssrcyril

Post by tssrcyril »

I restart the topic how to import a file. mib in cacti. Or how to turn a .mib into xml to import it into cacti?
mrossFTEK

Post by mrossFTEK »

also looking for this tool. hope it can be brought back to life
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

That would be nice.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?