RRDTool for Windows

Post support questions that relate to the Windows 2003/2000/XP operating systems.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

ftzortz

RRDTool for Windows

Post by ftzortz »

Hi All,

I have been searching the Internet, but I am having trouble getting my hands on a compiled RRDtool that compatible with Cacti 1.1.25. That is RRDTool versions 1.3.x - 1.7.x, for Windows. I also have no idea of how to compile it myself. Do you know how to find an already compiled RRDTool or is there any guide/steps on how to go about and compile it myself?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Patrik
BSOD2600
Cacti Moderator

Re: RRDTool for Windows

Post by BSOD2600 »

The short version is that rrdtool on windows doesn't have enough love by the rrdtool developers to make it easy (or often possible) to compile. That is also why its next to impossible to find any recent builds of it for Windows online. The last version I was able to successfully compile was 1.4.5, which you can download from here https://www.cacti.net/downloads/package ... vc2008.rar
if you're feeling lucky, you could try compiling with cygwin instead of visual studio.
ftzortz

Post by ftzortz »

Thank you very much! You saved me!

Kind regards
Patrik
misterbux

Post by misterbux »

BSOD2600 wrote:The short version is that rrdtool on windows doesn't have enough love by the rrdtool developers to make it easy (or often possible) to compile. That is also why its next to impossible to find any recent builds of it for Windows online. The last version I was able to successfully compile was 1.4.5, which you can download from here https://www.cacti.net/downloads/package ... vc2008.rar
if you're feeling lucky, you could try compiling with cygwin instead of visual studio.
Great!!! It's work for cacti 1.1.38 version. Thank you so much!!
YoMarK
Cacti User

Post by YoMarK »

BSOD2600, great work! Seems to be working with Windows 2022 as well.

Edit:sorry, wrong thread. Can't remove it.
levansang8689

Post by levansang8689 »

Dear Administrator and everybody,
i have some problem with guideline for creating Windows Server 2019 CPU graph.
i can not add the my graph CPU Utilize template to my Windows Server device .
Please help me!
edu

Post by edu »

misterbux wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:01 pm
BSOD2600 wrote:The short version is that rrdtool on windows doesn't have enough love by the rrdtool developers to make it easy (or often possible) to compile. That is also why its next to impossible to find any recent builds of it for Windows online. The last version I was able to successfully compile was 1.4.5, which you can download from here https://www.cacti.net/downloads/package ... vc2008.rar
Great!!! It's work for cacti 1.1.38 version. Thank you so much!!
Hi misterbux,

could you share this version of RRDToll ? The link is not working...

Thanks in advance,
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

You can find binaries more these days, you just need to Google for them.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?
lazna

Post by lazna »

RRDtool project start releasing windows binaries since 1.7.1 https://github.com/oetiker/rrdtool-1.x/releases
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

Yea, I saw that. Will let @BSOD2600 know.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?