How to create a threshold for something that happen every hours, and raise an alert if not

Support questions about the Threshold plugin

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Rno
Cacti Pro User

How to create a threshold for something that happen every hours, and raise an alert if not

Post by Rno »

Hello,
I need some help.
I have a Template that count how many process are running at every minute or so, that allow me to see if some process are running every hours or not, in a simple view.
My process are pool_mac.php, it pool my device every hours and I start 15 of them, with the number of device to pool equally.
But sometime the DB and the reality are wrong and none are running. You can see it before Monday nothing was running.

So I'd like to have a threshold that tell me if the 15process didn't run the past day or not, any clue how I can do that ? (time based, Deviation)

here is the graph:
pool_mac process.png
pool_mac process.png (27.06 KiB) Viewed 2997 times
Test
Almalinux
php 8.2.14
mariadb 10.6.16
Cacti 1.2.27
Spine 1.2.27
RRD 1.7.2
thold 1.8
monitor 2.5
syslog 3.2
flowview: 3.3
weathermap 1.0 Beta
Osiris
Cacti Guru User

Re: How to create a threshold for something that happen every hours, and raise an alert if not

Post by Osiris »

With 1.8 Thold (still not released), you can use base lining with the daily peak values. The readme change will be extensive, but know there are 8 baseline deviation methods there. Play with them. Good luck.
Before history, there was a paradise, now dust.