Template needed for APC AP7811B single phase metered rack PDUs.

Templates, scripts for templates, scripts and requests for templates.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

jburysom

Template needed for APC AP7811B single phase metered rack PDUs.

Post by jburysom »

Hello there,

I'm looking for a template that will work with the APC AP7811B single phase metered rack PDUs. Does anyone have any templates they got working with this PDU by chance?

I have pulled down the following templates from the forum post https://forums.cacti.net/about7612.html and have been unsuccessful in getting this to graph any data. Its from 2005 using cacti version 0.8.6.d (pretty old stuff)

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks,
macan
Cacti Pro User

Re: Template needed for APC AP7811B single phase metered rack PDUs.

Post by macan »

Since 1.2.25 we have templates APC_InfraStruXure_PDU.xml.gz and APC_InfraStruXure_InRow_CRAC.xml.gz directly in cacti installation.

You can try them. I can't tell if they'll work for your device
Let the Cacti grow!
jburysom

Post by jburysom »

Thanks for your response. I was able to use the following xml files I found searching the forums. They seem to work with the exception of the overload threshold value. I need to compare the OID value in the template with what I believe the OID value is in the MIB. I may just need to update the value - not sure. From browsing the forums it seems other had have trouble with the overload threshold value displaying.

This is the Link to the forum post in 2021 that I used to download the templates. APC Power Distribution Units (PDU 780x, 790x, etc.)

viewtopic.php?t=61847

Thanks!
macan
Cacti Pro User

Post by macan »

Not all UPS have all information. Maybe your UPS doesn't have overload threshold in snmp.
The best way is download APC SNMP MIB and try to find it.
Let the Cacti grow!