excellent book to recommend

A place to talk about books! [Public]

Moderator: scrapperqueen

gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 129

excellent book to recommend

Post by gonecamping »

Since getting my kindle fire, I have read some really good books. I still love my REAL books, but I love the fact that I can go onto my public library site and check out books for my kindle. I have yet to buy a book to download. Well, I did buy a cookbook for my kindle and hate it! But, I just finished reading Defending Jacob by William Landay. I had it on hold for a long time at the library and finally it was my turn to check out and download. I loved it! Its about an assistant DA whose son gets accused of murdering a classmate. Its not a murder mystery though. I saw it on the best sellers list several weeks ago.

Another book I checked out and didn't really care for was The Dinner by Herman Koch. I waited 2 months on hold for that book and had the hardest time finishing it. Wasn't that great for me. My next book to read is The Litigators by John Grisham. I just checked that one out and downloaded it. I love that the library has these ebooks.

Does anyone have any good books they just finished?
***Tanya***
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Re: excellent book to recommend

Post by 1grandma »

I only read books that are free. Never buy one. But that means I have to wait for the new ones. I don't care. There are so many interesting books to read that it just does not matter. My dh has a Kindle but I do not use it.
Bibi
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Re: excellent book to recommend

Post by PezKat »

I read most fantasy/adventure genre, & have just finished the 5th Riftwar book by Raymond E. Feist. The first is Magician: Apprentice and they're all really good. There's like 20 or so in that world setting but the first series of 4 is self-contained.
Image Image

Return to “Book Nook”