You Have A Voice!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

You Have A Voice!

Post by killarney_rose »

A week from Tuesday you have a voice for those of us in the States.

I already voiced my preferences when I walked into the voting booth this past Monday! I urge you to be heard.

Once again I will applaud your choices and not turn this thread into a raging political debate. I'm already tired of the commercials and arguing. I just felt this area is the best place to post my urging to use your voice and be heard!

If you wish to post your preferences that is fine, too. If I post mine it will be after polls close and I probably will not then. This is my happy place on the internet where I don't have to deal with controversary.

Much love to my fellow Cherries!
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 939

Re: You Have A Voice!

Post by suewho372 »

I will be exercising my priviledge to vote! I am tired of the arguing on all the commercials and radio !!
Susan

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

I always vote. That being said, I am beginning to think that if we did away with the electoral college and just went with the popular vote, more people would realize how important their vote is. It had it's place in the past, but in today's day and age (with being able to count votes quickly and accurately by computer), going with the popular vote would be much more effective and a better consensus of the country's wishes.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

Art_Teacher wrote:I always vote. That being said, I am beginning to think that if we did away with the electoral college and just went with the popular vote, more people would realize how important their vote is. It had it's place in the past, but in today's day and age (with being able to count votes quickly and accurately by computer), going with the popular vote would be much more effective and a better consensus of the country's wishes.
When I was young I figured that if it ever happened again that a President won the electoral college vote yet did not win the popular vote that the electoral college would be done away with. Then it happened in 2000 and surprise - nobody even brought that up!

I live in a state that is very much a certain "color". I feel like a vote for the candidate of the other "color" is a wasted vote that doesn't matter. I'm sure there are many people in the states that almost always go a certain "color" no matter which color that is that feel like their vote doesn't matter and they don't have a voice.
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

I voted, already by absentee vote! Done. That is one thing I do not procrastinate.
Bibi
butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

I always vote and encourage everyone around me to vote. I'm just tired of all the commercials and people trying to push their beliefs on others on fb.
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

butterfly843 wrote:I always vote and encourage everyone around me to vote. I'm just tired of all the commercials and people trying to push their beliefs on others on fb.

Ditto! Tired of all the negativity. I always vote, and so does DH and both of my parents.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 986

Post by blfonty »

I voted early! Feels good to add my voice, too! Thanks Cherries for making your voice heard.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1041

Post by pawprints »

DH and I will definitely be voting!

Image Image Image Image

Judes
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by Judes »

We certainly do have a voice in this country. Take advantage of that. It's our civic duty.

We already voted with our absentee ballots. Love being able to talk it over at the kitchen table instead of standing in line at the polling place. Although, it was always fun to see my neighbors when we did that. That's what neighborhood parties are for!
[font=Arial:ohrhf522]Pages completed in 2010: 179
Pages completed in 2011: 121
An ideologue knows he's right. A person of faith knows only that he doesn't know. ----Walter Gustafson, Everett. From Seattle Times, Letters to the Editor, 26 Mar 2007.[/font:ohrhf522][/size:ohrhf522][/font]
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Post by mgehrke »

Our entire household will be voting except for DH. Because he was "naughty" his voting priviledge got revoked. We are still trying to figure out that one. Yes he was bad, but not that bad. Anyways the other 4 of us will be out there.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 129

Post by gonecamping »

I live in a state that is vote by mail only. I miss the polling place though. My ballot is filled out, ready to be dropped in the ballot box at the courthouse. And I live in a state that has traditionally only been one color. This year its almost a tossup. That excites me! Maybe this year, my vote will count!
***Tanya***
txbelle26
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 232

Post by txbelle26 »

i voted Friday!
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

Return to “General Debate”