**Ask Me** POINTS

-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Re: **Ask Me** POINTS

Post by -Tracy- »

I also have a questionl...What is a printable?  Aren't all digi things printable?

Yes they are. :-D The "Printable" Category in our store will bring up the Hybrid projects for you. These would be things you would print out specifically  to make things like album quick pages, or other easy projects like the tumblers we're giving away today.
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

writerlady wrote: My question concerns printing out digital papers and elements and then using them for hybrid projects... I sure can't cut them good enough - what the heck do you think I'm doing wrong?

If I can jump in with a suggestion here, I like to print my digital stuff out on different papers and then paste it down in layers.  I first have everything layed out digitally in PSE.  When I go to print it out separately, I draw the selection box around that part and do a Edit ---> Copy merged, then a File ---> New ---> Image from clipboard.  That opens up a new file window with the item and some of the background with it.  I then print that out.  Cutting around is easier because if I am off just a little bit then there is the background there, not bright white.

Now if you were going to paste the digital item onto a regular paper, you would have to scan in part of the paper first.  Technically, you are not suppose to do this, but as long as you just print and don't save what you scan in, you should be all right.
Sus79
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1714

Post by Sus79 »

ICanHasCherryOnTop wrote:
Susanne_79 wrote:
ICanHasCherryOnTop wrote:I learned to do my own shadowing through Kim HIll's tutorial. You will find it here along with her other tutorials for PSE. Digiscrapping Tutorials

Once you learn how to do that, it's just a matter of playing with them until they look how you want by moving the shadow layer further away, or blurring more, or changing the opacity.

Look it over and if you have more questions about it, let me know.  :-D
Thanks Tracy. I´ve already tried the tutorial, but can´t seem to get the same awesome result as the two of you gets ;) That must just mean, KEEP TRYING! LOL

I will tell you I don't do the dual shadowing thing. My layers get one shadow and that's it. I've noticed that I like to bump up the Gaussian blur a bit and tone down the opacity. Especially when you're going to print--less is always more in shadowing.

Could it be the direction? I don't think I'm using the same one as Kim. I like to nudge my shadow layer up and to the left. (So the light source is the bottom right hand corner of the page). I think this is a more dramatic looking shadow.
Ok I´ll keep that in mind and try again. Thanks sweetie :-D
ImageImageImageImageImage

-Tracy-
Wild Cherry

Post by -Tracy- »

Themom wrote: Can I ask more a technical question that is driving me nuts!?!  How to you "thread" something through a hole? Like a wire through a charm or a string through a circle on a tag and make them look realistic. If I can't make it look "real" then I won't do it but I want to use tags. :(

I missed this question yesterday, sorry M'Lee.

I just lay the items on top of each other, so say the string on top of the tag, then I erase the portion of the string that would not be showing if it were the real deal. Zoom in really close it helps with the erasing.
Kara
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 69

Post by Kara »

maybe this is why I don't do well with the digi scrapping thing, I do not see well

Do you recommend a particular series or brand of books for learing PS or PSE.... there are so many...have you used any of them or were you never digi dumb???
Image \ ImageImage
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry

Post by -Tracy- »

Kara wrote: maybe this is why I don't do well with the digi scrapping thing, I do not see well

Do you recommend a particular series or brand of books for learing PS or PSE.... there are so many...have you used any of them or were you never digi dumb???

I gave some links to websites with great tutorials so you don't really have to spend the money to buy a book. When I learned PSE, all the books were geared toward photo processing though so that didn't help. I believe there are books specifically for digi scrappers now though. (Jessica Sprague comes to mind. Check page one, I gave her web add'y)
Flapdoodle
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 3

Post by Flapdoodle »

ICanHasCherryOnTop wrote: 
WOW! Loving all the response to this thread! It may take me a bit to get the answers here for everyone, so just hang tight, ok?
Girl, you are so patient and willing to help. I love you dearly and wanna be like you when I grow up.

Waitaminute.

I ain't gonna grow up.

Crap.

Now what?? Image
ImageIf life gives you lemons, go find an annoying person with paper cuts.
-Tracy-
Wild Cherry

Post by -Tracy- »

Ima love you anyways. :inlove:
Kara
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 69

Post by Kara »

Tracy   thanks!!!

Flapo---yep you are in the same boat with me--life is too short to grow up!!!
Image \ ImageImage
Flapdoodle
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 3

Post by Flapdoodle »

***wiping my brow***

Whew!!!  Thanks, man. :inlove:
ImageIf life gives you lemons, go find an annoying person with paper cuts.
Gypsymonkey
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 441

Post by Gypsymonkey »

Thank you for the points and wtg to the other winners!
"May you always have memories to scrap!" ~ Diana

Return to “DSD Crop 2008”