Moderator: ACOT Employee

Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 140

Re: Procraftinating

Post by Jessica Mikels »

Senior07 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:34 pm
haha "procraftinating" i love it! I can't seem to get the right tunes going. Either it's too much of a dance party in my craftspace (distracted) or too mellow (also distracted). I'm such a disney girlie that I usually have the soundtrack to the parks playing but then (major) distraction with reliving those fun memories. 😄
Glad you like it LOL My hilarious husband got me that sign and now I embrace it lol I'm feeling more like listening to a movie or show tonight! Maybe a little Nightmare Before Christmas hmm?  :greenlol: :greenlol:

JessicaMikelsCreativeDesigns.com
Instagram: @
jessicamikels
YouTube: @Jessica.Mikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

QueenBee89 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:35 pm
Haha! I know the feeling! I can get so wrapped up in the games and the challenges that I barely get anything created! I just tell myself that this is fun, too! And it's still enjoying my hobby! 
Exactly! It's what I ended up doing and it was a ball!

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

VickiR wrote:
I love music in general.  I'm a classic rock girl at heart...music from the 70's.  I love Tina Turner, Pink and Adele also.  My playlist is a variety of songs.
I get into CCR and REO Speedwagon! I may have to shuffle some 70's tonight!

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

Mommyof5 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:38 pm
I know exactly what you mean!!!  LOVE all the games and excitement!
I played Bingo for the first time and I had a complete adrenaline dump afterwards lol I may or may not have taken a little power nap...

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1361

Post by VickiR »

JessM wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 10:45 pm
VickiR wrote:
I love music in general.  I'm a classic rock girl at heart...music from the 70's.  I love Tina Turner, Pink and Adele also.  My playlist is a variety of songs.
I get into CCR and REO Speedwagon! I may have to shuffle some 70's tonight! 

I love CCR and Three Dog Night.  Wasn't a huge fan of REO Speedwagon.
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 499

Post by SandyJay »

JessM wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 10:33 pm
Mommytron wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:33 pm
I like to listen to Big Band, like Chuck Berry and such.  
I really like big band! Yep, that'll get me going, I've always wanted to learn how to dance to big bands.. 

Wouldn’t that be cool to “bust a move” like that?  I just watched an elderly couple on a video dancing.  
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

stinkerbelle wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:47 pm
you can never go wrong with 80s pop, especially if you need some energy  😁

i've always done the challenges later; too much happening at once makes my brain freeze and i can't do both challenges and games.  i'm pretty old though, so there's that lol

😂 😂 Thanks for the laugh! I guess I've been dipping my toe in both so not really playing all of the games but also not really completing all of the challenges. I'm a bit of a procrastinator so there's that LOL

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

Mommytron wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 10:47 pm
JessM wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 10:33 pm
Mommytron wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:33 pm
I like to listen to Big Band, like Chuck Berry and such.  
I really like big band! Yep, that'll get me going, I've always wanted to learn how to dance to big bands..  

Wouldn’t that be cool to “bust a move” like that?  I just watched an elderly couple on a video dancing.   
And that's EXACTLY how I envision my debut as a moderate (b/c I know what I'm capable of) big band dancer.

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

GinniG wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:48 pm
Music....  I have such a wide variety on my playlist!  I'm not very familiar with current artists.  I think Adele is the newest one in my playlist.  I'm old what can I say!  LOLOL!

I have everything from Elevation Worship to ZZ Top!!!  I probably won't play music today as Steve is FINALLY sleeping!!!  I'll probably put a show on the laptop that I've seen a bunch of times before and just sort of watch it.  Mostly I don't want any noise.  I have come to love the quietness up here!  :)
Oh SAME! I think I stopped listening to secular music around 2010. My playlist is wide range too. Anywhere from the 50's to 2000's and pretty much every genre! I'm thinking of just popping in a show for background noise tonight as well.

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

beachlover wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:50 pm
I have less energy than I did yesterday.  Maybe because its overcast and there is a chill in the air, rain is coming!
I felt the same way all day as well except no cloud in sight. I think I just had an adrenaline dump from the first day lol

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

suewho372 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:53 pm
Oh music!!!! How I love it! And I haves through probably every genre …. So I am no help!!!
But you did procrastinate with me for a moment so in the grand scheme of things, you did help :)

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

DN in MN wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:56 pm
In years past, I have done the same.  Participated in the games and fun, then scrapped.  This year, I am the opposite.  Getting some things done for a change, lol.

I do miss the building layouts and other games but need to focus...ha, that is my word for 2024!
See, I did the opposite last year! I barely participated in the games and chatter and felt like I missed out. It's good to mix it up though!

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 2:31 pm
Haha! Glad I could help! And some of y'all brought back things that I haven't seen before so guess what? Yep, in the cart it goes! I might need a second job to supply my habit.... 😂 😂

I LOVE 90s country....
That was my favorite part of your game! Fantasizing about all the pretty LO's I could create with all the pretty new things LOL

You know, I haven't listened to country yet. I usually hold off on country and pop off Memorial Day weekend with non stop country through the summer but I may make an exception!

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

sherelm wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 2:31 pm
I say enjoy yourself. If you skip out on one or two challenges, no one will know but you. This is a happy day, not a work day. When everyone is off the board then you can scrapbook.
I did just that and enjoyed every minute of it Thank you  💕

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

GMFTS wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 2:38 pm
Same.... I'm overtired from yesterday!  All I have done today is organize all the challenges I plan on doing and thinking about what I will do for each one.
Oh ... and play games of course.

Frustratingly my iPad won't charge so I'm going to have to go to the genius bar tomorrow. grrr

Oh no.. I hope you we're able to get the iPad going! If not, hopefully you'll get it to service and back asap so you can play some more games!

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 2:43 pm
I love 90s alternative!!  Do you have Spotify? When I can't decide I let the DJ do his thing LOL!

I've kind of been procraftinating but not really. This morning DH and I went to Aldi's which for us is 2 subways away and then we get a taxi home. That took until noon and now the plumber is here replacing a faucet so I don't know WHEN I am going to have 2 seconds to do any crafting today!! Wahhh!!! At least I can check out the challenges now.
I use Pandora b/c I have since a decade ago and it knows me lol I usually don't shuffle but if it'll get me going, I might try it lol

Boy does life happen! Once you get in your craft space, it'll all be good and I can't wait to see your creations!

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
wazzu94
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 349

Post by wazzu94 »

Hey Jessica!  I hope you found your mojo and the right tunes.  I ended up with no music or tv today and I just realized that while reading this post.  I've been doing a mix of games and challenges!  It's only 9pm but I'm running low on my creative juices.  LOL 
Suzann
 ImageImageImage            
Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Jessica Mikels »

wazzu94 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 11:52 pm
Hey Jessica!  I hope you found your mojo and the right tunes.  I ended up with no music or tv today and I just realized that while reading this post.  I've been doing a mix of games and challenges!  It's only 9pm but I'm running low on my creative juices.  LOL 
Hey Suzann! I ended up playing the radio but also ended up playing more games lol I was able to complete one challenge though and I'm completing an other right now. It's about the same time over on my end too and my juices are finally flowing WOOT WOOT! It's probably b/c my two littles are asleep and I can actually hear myself think lol I'm listening to The Gilmore Girls  :greenlol:

jessicamikels

Image ImageImageImage
wazzu94
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 349

Post by wazzu94 »

JessM wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 12:32 am
wazzu94 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 11:52 pm
Hey Suzann! I ended up playing the radio but also ended up playing more games lol I was able to complete one challenge though and I'm completing an other right now. It's about the same time over on my end too and my juices are finally flowing WOOT WOOT! It's probably b/c my two littles are asleep and I can actually hear myself think lol I'm listening to The Gilmore Girls  :greenlol:

The good news is we have plenty of time on the challenges, so play the games and enjoy!!   My 1 little is 15 and probably watching Gilmore girls right now.  LOL  I've never seen it, but it's on my list to do!

Happy NSD!!

Suzann
 ImageImageImage            
MaganL
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 263

Post by MaganL »

I haven’t completed any challenges yet because I was away from home for a couple days. I’m chomping at the bit to get back and start scrapping but I have really enjoyed being able to still participate in the games.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”