MuLab 9...Where's The Outpouring Of Love?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

simmo75 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:25 am Lack of VST3 support and MPE are two reasons for me, if that helps with your puzzlement.
Perhaps this is an old post? I got worried and did a search and found this . . . "MuLab supports VST2, VST3 and CLAP plugins."

tommyzai wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:22 am
simmo75 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:25 am Lack of VST3 support and MPE are two reasons for me, if that helps with your puzzlement.
Perhaps this is an old post? I got worried and did a search and found this . . . "MuLab supports VST2, VST3 and CLAP plugins."
Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:45 am

But i think you know that.

trying to get my head around a couple of concepts, am I right thinking the standalone and plugin versions are effectively the same feature-wise? So if I hosted the plugin in, say, Reaper then I could use the composer in exactky the same way (Reaper effectively just a wrapper)?

Yup. The standalone just add OS-specific I/O ins/outs to the project modular area, if I remember correctly. (And allows you to set them up -- you don't have that in the plugin.)

More explicitly -- if I open the same project in MuLab standalone and MuLab plugin, I might have two Audio Ins (1/2, 3/4) from my sound device plus a Midi In, with similar outputs, and it would look exactly the same if opened in the plugin, but with the Audio and Midi I/O being provided by host connections.

(Fun things to do: set MuLab standalone to use ReaRoute for ASIO, plus run JACK and VB Audio ASIO Bridge... It would be nice if Reaper had a virtual MIDI device, too...)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”