Bitwig Studio 5.2 Beta 2 is out

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheYke wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:23 pm Have the same problem with a Fedora 39 system. Current beta crashes system. Have a very similar AMD GPU. just renewed my license the day before yesterday and now I'm scared. What is Bitwigs take on this? No support? Already filed a bug-report.
They do a good job addressing bugs... once in a while someone has a peculiar bug that the devs cannot reproduce. If it is reproducible, it will get fixed.

I have a Debian bookworm (stable) system and bitwig 5.2 runs fine if I use a kde/xorg session but it has graphical artifacts that make it unusable if I use kde/wayland. No crashes though. That system has Iris XE graphics/i7-1165G7.

NomadMonad wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:57 am Is anyone else having issues with bounce in place? It seems the starting point of a note it's shifted towards left, i.e. anticipated with respect to the position on the grid, as per attached pic

BIP_issue.jpg
I think I reported this bug back in like... Bitwig 2 or something.

Edit: something similar at least, but back then it was fixed.

viewtopic.php?p=6724969#p6724969

TheYke wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:23 pm Have the same problem with a Fedora 39 system. Current beta crashes system. Have a very similar AMD GPU. just renewed my license the day before yesterday and now I'm scared. What is Bitwigs take on this? No support? Already filed a bug-report.
All fine. You testing a beta version, found a bug and reported this. So wait till fixed beta/final is released.

Maybe look, report here also..
viewtopic.php?t=609628&start=30
«» Music everywhere.. | Bitwig & Kushview Element user «»

NomadMonad wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:57 am Is anyone else having issues with bounce in place? It seems the starting point of a note it's shifted towards left, i.e. anticipated with respect to the position on the grid, as per attached pic

BIP_issue.jpg
hmmm... I've actually seen this same post some months ago, so obviously not related to the beta. Sorry, I don't recall what the outcome was, but I think someone here addressed it.

Digital-Aura wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:34 pm

BIP_issue.jpg
hmmm... I've actually seen this same post some months ago, so obviously not related to the beta. Sorry, I don't recall what the outcome was, but I think someone here addressed it.
Plugins or devices that add latency are causing this problem for me. I’ve just been deactivating them before bouncing but that’s not really ok if you want the effect or whatever baked into the bounced audio. I don’t know if it was behaving this way before the beta but I only started using Bitwig recently

ChanceB wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:49 pm

BIP_issue.jpg
Plugins or devices that add latency are causing this problem for me. I’ve just been deactivating them before bouncing but that’s not really ok if you want the effect or whatever baked into the bounced audio. I don’t know if it was behaving this way before the beta but I only started using Bitwig recently
Make sure you send in a bug report... they are good at addressing latency issues.

pdxindy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:05 pm

BIP_issue.jpg
Make sure you send in a bug report... they are good at addressing latency issues.
I just reported it

ChanceB wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:46 pm

BIP_issue.jpg
I just reported it
Thanks. I got the bug too.

But it is a new bug. It wasn't present before.

Jac459 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:55 am
ChanceB wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:46 pm

BIP_issue.jpg
I just reported it
Thanks. I got the bug too.

But it is a new bug. It wasn't present before.
That’s what I thought. Even though I only used Bitwig a short time before installing the beta I didn’t notice that happening,bouncing in place and hybrid tracks is actually one of the first things that really got me. I like to convert everything to audio eventually and rendering a pattern to audio and replacing it on the same mixer track in Fl Studio is a chore comparatively

pdxindy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:41 pm
They do a good job addressing bugs... once in a while someone has a peculiar bug that the devs cannot reproduce. If it is reproducible, it will get fixed.
Good to hear. Can I expect some kind of answer/reaction to the bug report? At first, I forgot to mention all my specs, which they let me know. Then, I completed all the important hardware data and resent it. Got no answer until now.

TheYke wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:36 am
Good to hear. Can I expect some kind of answer/reaction to the bug report? At first, I forgot to mention all my specs, which they let me know. Then, I completed all the important hardware data and resent it. Got no answer until now.
Personally I raised a point the 19 of May and they answered the 22. Considering the off days and weekends, it is very acceptable.

Jac459 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:40 am
TheYke wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:36 am
Personally I raised a point the 19 of May and they answered the 22. Considering the off days and weekends, it is very acceptable.
They responded, and said” this issue is already on or radar,our devs are on it”

Return to “Bitwig”