GX-80 III
Low Down (taurus) I
Dreamsynth IIII
CA 2600 IIII
DCO106 III
Voltage Modular II
MG-1 IIII
Miniverse I

kropotkin303 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:16 pm Main thing I like about VM Core is there are polyphonic modules ...
Even better is combining that polyphonic capability with either of VM's 64-bit VST Plug-In Host modules. Drop your favorite polyphonic VST synth (or VST effect) right into the middle of a VM patch.
Last edited by rj0 on Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Not a synth, but with the GGAudio acquisition, Blue3/Spin could be near the top of my favorites soon.

rj0 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:20 am
kropotkin303 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:16 pm Main thing I like about VM Core is there are polyphonic modules ...
Even better is combining that polyphonic capability with either of VM's 64-bit VST Plug-In Host modules. Drop your favorite polyphonic VST synth (or VST effect) right into the middle of a VM patch.
Per Cameron (Venus Theory):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSOzHL5tVg8

I don't pay much attention to Cherry these days since they took license transfers away. But I check in occassionally. I saw Sync, their product install manager. Wow! Very impressive. I wish more companies would adopt these (AudioThing, Audiority, and the like). It has pretty decent usability. Good on ya Cherry. Now, about those license transfers...

To be honest, my four year old grandson plays with the Cherry Audio stuff more than I do. (mostly since they are on the desktop). I really should use them more.
Music for films that will never be made
sineglidermusic.bandcamp.com

CS80, Sines, Harmonia, Mercury-4, Octave cat.

Octave Cat is SUPER underrated (I don't think anyone mentioned it yet?). I have no idea how the original Octave Cat sounds, so my guess is people watched a comparison Youtube and said "this doesn't sound as good as the original" and forgot about it rather than judging it on it's own merits.

Of course, Voltage Modular is their best synth though, because of all the add-ons.

briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:32 pm Octave Cat is SUPER underrated (I don't think anyone mentioned it yet?). I have no idea how the original Octave Cat sounds, so my guess is people watched a comparison Youtube and said "this doesn't sound as good as the original" and forgot about it rather than judging it on it's own merits.
I thought I had posted a response to this thread. Obviously I was distracted, but Octave Cat would have been my top pick as well. I've always been wanting a virtual instance of that ever since I abandoned my Scope system for which a forum member coded a free module resembling it.

Their EightVoice is great as well in my opinion, and Sines - apart from the GUI...

I love the GX-80. Def my fav, and I have the Mercury-4, Elka-X and some others I forget the name of... GX-80 is a monster, and very fun.

I have GX-80, SEM and MG-1 Plus.

I like them all a lot. GX-80 is powerful enough that you could probably write a whole album of just one-track, improvised ambient meanderings and it would sound great.

Guys, I'm worried about Cherry Audio. They haven't announced a new instrument since January 24th! :eek:

Seriously though, they've been quite prolific. I'm looking forward to whatever they come up with next! :)

I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

I heard they are working on something with wooden cheeks and a blue led screen

I seem to remember they have "anniversary" of a plugin sales?
Which one is next? And hopefully they'll do another Humble Bundle with a different set?
So I know what I would jump on in either of those scenarios, but I don't want to jinx them by saying their name.

The anniversary sale for Voltage Modular is going on now.

Uncle E wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:05 am The anniversary sale for Voltage Modular is going on now.
Yeah, not really on my list, but it does keep me looking for the next one!

Return to “Instruments”