Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Server is still offline but you don't need it.
I made sure the latest release did not need the server for the license.
Just drop the plugin where you normally would and it will run.

Yes, I still check this thread regularly.
However it often goes months without a comment so sometimes I forget to take a look every day.
Normally a few times a week.

Don't forget you can always reach me through my company email.
I have to check that every morning for download requests
so you will almost always get a response within a day.

Is 3.8.3 still the latest version, and will any update announcements be posted in this thread?

Don't see any download links at https://www.fathomsynth.com/updates , is it still only available by emailing support?
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Yes 3.8.3 is still the latest version.
Updates are always announced in this thread.
The website still has the download for Fathom Mono.
The correct procedure to get pro and vector updates is to mail support as always.

FathomSynth wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:23 pm Yes, I still check this thread regularly.
However it often goes months without a comment so sometimes I forget to take a look every day.
Why don't you subscribe to this topic and get email notifications when someone posts in the thread?

I've tried that and it never seems to work.
My web site interface does not have that option on it.

FathomSynth wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:49 pm I've tried that and it never seems to work.
Well as a fairly advanced developed, I'm sure you can figure it out! :wink:

Hint: the link to subscribe to a thread is at both the top & bottom of the page using the wrench icon.

The settings for how you are notified (notifications/email) by thread is in your KVR user account settings. Quick Forum Links > User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit notification options...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Wasnt up to date with my Installers, so sent a Mail yesterday in the Evening and received the Files today in the Morning. :tu:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Thanks, I try to be quick when it comes to the emails.

FathomSynth wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:49 pm I've tried that and it never seems to work.
Try this link: viewtopic.php?uid=395948&f=1&t=482501&watch=topic

After confirming, check what you are subscribed to here: ucp.php?i=ucp_main&mode=subscribed

Edit: i thought i figured it out but nope.

Having some trouble automating the Period knob in the sequencer modulator. Moving the automation in Renoise does not work. Tried it with midicc also with the same result. Other stuff like note pitch, filter freq works fine?

Next question, is it possible to assign individual segments in the step sequencer to automation? Looking at the mod segment page you can specify a range. But what if you want to automate changes in exact semitones on several different segments?

I'm not sure if you can automate the period knob I never tried that.
I know you can modulate it with another modulator.

You only get two ranges in the segment selection area so if you want to automate segments that are not attached you can only do two of them.

Hi Everett, thanks for the reply. I see, so i have to use another modulator which can be automated by the host to modulate the period knob. Hmm, i'm going to try some things. Anyway, would be nice if every segment could be individually automated by the host. And the period knob also. (Feature request) :)

Yes, I'll put that on the list.

Was Legato also on the feature request list?
AFAIK Fathom can't do it, only glide. Or am I wrong?

Rph, if you modulate Osc Vol with for example an Adsr you have a legato switch there. Set the voices to 1 and click on "smooth envelope" in the preference menu to avoid clicks.

Return to “Instruments”